Monday, February 25, 2008

Get Things Fixed for Free

I had a hair dryer that just stopped working. The last thing I wanted to do was spend more money on a new one. So I looked around, and by chance I still had the box and instruction manual. The hair dryer had a 2-year manufacturer's warranty. I didn't have the receipt, but the date of manufacture was less than two years ago, so I was in business.

I mailed it away and waited. And after a month of wet hair, I got a brand new hair dryer in the mail. It cost around 5 dollars to mail it, and they charged 5 dollars for shipping and handling. 10 dollars is much less than the 30 - 35 dollars it would have cost for a new one.

In the past I've had other things break or stop working and just bought replacements without considering the factory warranty. Don't be a fool and waste money on a buying something new when you can get it fixed for free. And often times, like I experienced this time, you'll just get a new replacement in place of the repair.

Save a little warranty information, and you can save a lot of money in the long run.

No comments: